Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Heather Lately

I'll just go down the line and write about us all. Next is myself!

It is a little hard to say much about me when I feel my life is so tied to my husband and my kids. What they do, I do. I think all mothers feel the same way, and sometimes that can be a little hard. I honestly don't notice it much until I try to write about myself and realize I just want to write about my kids! So while I don't have many things I do outside of motherhood and being a wife, I am completely happy with that right now! My family is my world.

At church, I had a calling in our last ward. I was the 2nd Counselor in the Young Womens presidency. I had never served in the Young Womens before and I was quite nervous to do it. In the end, I LOVED it! Honestly, leaving that calling when we moved was one of the hardest parts of moving. I was over the Beehives, and I had 10 of them! Mutual got a little crazy sometimes when it was all 10 of them and just me! But I loved each and every one of my girls. I wish I had more time with them, because they were fantastic. I still keep in contact with my own Beehive advisor, now 14 years later, and I hope that some of these girls will want to keep me updated on their lives as well! Honestly, I often thought about my advisor, Vanessa Croshaw, as I served in the young women. I couldn't tell you anything specifically that she did that made an impression on me, but I can tell you that the feeling of happiness and total love she exuded stuck with me and continues to stick with me! I tried to show my beehives those same feelings, and I hope they felt that. Thanks, Sister Croshaw!

Did I write about BWW? I ever so briefly tried working for Buffalo Wild Wings as a hostess. I had hoped to move up to waitress, but it didn't work out. While it was nice to have the extra income, and while I loved having something outside of the home to do, I realized that my schedule with my kids and family took priority over work, and so eventually I had to quit. They were not as flexible with their schedule as they promised me they would be. The few months I was there, though, I really enjoyed it!

Like I said in the last post, the way I help earn a little income is by taking care of my handicapped sister-in-law, Andrea. She is sweet and easy to care for. It is mostly physical work, not like teaching special ed, but I enjoy it. I also love that I still have my foot in the special ed world with her.

My time this last year was also spent teaching a little co-op preschool. Myself and four other moms took turns hosting and teaching our 6 kids. We would teach 2 days a week and rotate each week. Sometimes it was stressful, but I really enjoyed it! I love teaching little kids! I don't love doing crafts with them, though. Ha ha 3 and 4 year olds just are a tad too messy and not quite coordinated enough for my liking. We had a lot of fun, though. My friend and I developed a whole curriculum to help guide our lessons and crafts, and while we definitely didn't use it to the detail we planned it, it was so nice to have.

I joined the gym this year, too. I swore off the gym as a waste of money for a while, knowing I would only ever go if I had a friend to go with. And now I do! I also have the added motivation to go to get a nice little break from the kids. We joined California Family Fitness, and I've been very pleased with their daycare. We had a lot of sickness this winter (including Hand, Foot and Mouth from the gym daycare!), so we haven't been super consistent in going to the gym, until recently when we have finally had consistently healthy kiddos. We do a spin class and recently started lifting weights after. I love spin! I hate cardio, but I love spin! It's fun and makes me feel great. I love listening to music while I workout, and having a teacher telling me what to do pushes me. I'm pretty sure I will never love running, but I am developing a love for cycling. I also love swimming, maybe I'll brave a triathlon one day.

Overall, life is wonderful! I feel so blessed and grateful for my circumstances and blessings right now. I love my family, I love my children, and I love my husband. I'm blessed with great parents and great in laws. God is good, my friends. You can find blessings in every circumstance, I can testify to that!

1 comment: