Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our New Apartment!

August 4th we drove a wonderful 11 hours from California to Provo, UT, and that night we moved all of our stuff into our apartment! It was great because I think 4 men (and one woman) helped us move all of our stuff, and so the Uhaul was unpacked in no time! Then we had to unpack and organize.... My goal was to have it done by the next Friday, which thankfully it was (a goal I actually succeeded in doing!) and so now, another week later, I finally have gotten around to taking pictures so that those of you that frequent our blog every so often can see what it looks like!

So, here is the front of our apartment, and since the top of the door is rather boring, I thought I'd show you the welcome mat we chose out (because I think I love it):



Then you walk in and see our cute and very cozy living room/family room:



And here is the wall decoration I'm rather proud of (made it with scrapbook paper!) and our cute little rug:



And then of course our entertainment center. Just about everything you see in this picture was a wedding gift (excluding the tissue box, greenery, and electronics. TV was provided by gift cards):



Alright now we move on to the kitchen...



As you may notice, our oven is a cute little thing that I'm still trying to figure out (it seems to cook the outsides quite nicely and ignore the middles of my dishes. Am I supposed to leave it in longer or crank up the heat? I just don't know.)



So you may not care to see this, but one of the best parts of this apartment is all the storage! You'll see later more storage, but off of the kitchen is the water heater closet and it has shelves and shelves of storage! It was such a relief not to have to fit all of my kitchen things and my food in the few cupboards in the kitchen. So here's my blessed pantry:



To the hallway! We have a bookshelf and a few of Jed's pictures... (he has a ton!)



So here is the hallway. On the left side of the hall, to the right of the bookshelf is the door to our bathroom, straight ahead is the door to our bedroom, and then on the right is the door to our second bedroom and also a little closet.



Here's the bathroom.



Our bedroom (dresser is to the right, huge closet is to the left)



Then here is our second bedroom which may also be called our office:





We have a big closet just like the one in our bedroom on one wall, but then on the same wall as the piano we have our storage closet/garage. We are sooo happy we have it because without it, guess what we'd do with all the stuff you see in it? Really we have no idea:



And last, just for fun, here's our balcony. (The door to get to it is right by the front door and the recliner.)The big mass you see is our couch that won't fit in our apartment which we covered so as to protect it (obviously but thought I'd mention it).



So there's our apartment! So far, we love it. I think we both would agree our one problem with it is the fact that we don't have more seating for having people over. But other than that, it is perfect and we plan to be here probably until we graduate!

4 comments:

  1. Your apartment is SO cute and brings back some very fond memories of early married life.
    Your space may be small, but enjoy the 10 minute clean-up. I miss those days!
    Love you guys.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute heather! The place looks like you! Ha ha of course. I move down to Provo on Tuesday! Can I come visit? I was a personal tour! And to see your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vanessa! No, really, the kitchen is teeny, and I do really appreciate that mopping takes all of a couple of minutes. It's perfect for us two!

    Thank you Beka! You can have a tour any time! Just text me and I can let you know my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've made it! Your new house looks so nice! I can still remember the time when we were still looking for an apartment a few weeks ago. It was such a cool experience! We got to see a lot of beautiful apartments in town, but thank goodness we've found the right one for us.

    ReplyDelete