Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Adjusting to being a housewife

So I must admit, the first week moving into our apartment, I avoided at all costs having to start planning meals. I knew the day it started, it would never end. Until I die. It just sounds so awful! I most definitely have enjoyed relying on my mother to feed me and then doing meal plans with my roommies. (Thank you by the way Mom for your cooking over the years!)

I finally succumbed as Jed wasn't about to make dinner (he...lacks skills in the kitchen...), and it actually has not been bad! I've never eaten so healthy in my life. My mother is just such a good cook and such a good baker and so she's constantly making new things, especially new desserts, all of which are good. Then living with roommates, at least once a week some roommate is making a delicious dessert, and you can't pass up free food! (I'm trying to learn that yes, you can pass up free food when you're trying to eat healthy. It may be painful at first, but I guess I'll learn.) So now I do all the shopping for my apartment and I can buy lots of fruits and veggies and avoid the fattening stuff.

So in the past several weeks, I have been very pleased with what I have made and the easiness of planning meals. First dinner I made was chimichangas! I know, not very healthy, but I was super excited they worked! Here's a picture:



I'm also rather proud of the other things I've made. I made Sopapilla Cheesecake (delicious and easy mixture of a Mexican doughnut and cheesecake) and cream puffs! I never realized how simple cream puffs were.

So, all in all, I'm quite enjoying cooking everyday! I just love spending time making a nice dinner because for one thing, I enjoy eating it, but for another thing, I just feel so happy when Jed can't contain how delicious he thinks it is. I also love having an apartment where there are only two people to mess it up after I clean, and Jed is a pretty neat person, so I just love it!

My one wish: a dishwasher.

1 comment:

  1. we need to have our pot roast party! i'll send out a facebook message if you want.

    ReplyDelete