Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 19

Almost halfway!



As you can see, I got my hair done!

Baby Stats:

Length: 6 inches
Weight: 8 oz.
If it were a fruit, it would be a: mango



So this week was a hard one. Teaching is tough! I've been busy and stressed, but the last two days of school, my students reminded me why I love teaching. I've also had a great husband who did everything I asked and asked me to do nothing (partially because I had enough to do on my own), and so yet again I am grateful I have such a great husband! I could never get through a pregnancy without him.

Interesting things that happened this week:

1) I've decided on two consistent cravings: breakfast sausage and any sour gummy candy (sour patch kids, sour gummy worms, etc.). 7/11 (you know the gas station) has this thing called the maple pancake sausage roll. It's like a pig in a blanket but instead of a hot dog it's a sausage and instead of biscuit it's a pancake. I've already had three this week. They're only a dollar so that makes it even harder to resist! I don't know what it is about breakfast sausage, but I can't get enough of it! If today wasn't Sunday, I'd be at the store right now getting some frozen sausages because just talking about it is making my stomach growl.....

2) I've felt the baby move even more! Yesterday I had several kicks or something that actually made me make a sound because it was that significant enough of a movement. All this at only 19 weeks. Things are going to be interesting later on in the pregnancy, aren't they? I hope I don't get a broken rib. When I got my hair done, me and Kim (my hairdresser) talked a ton about being pregnant, and she told me that my best bet for feeling my baby kick from the outside was to lay on my back. I still have yet to feel it from the outside, but it's great advice so that I know for future reference.... I can't wait until Jed can feel it!

3) I had my first pregnancy dream about what the gender of the baby is! I have to admit, I've been leaning toward saying the baby's a girl. This dream, however, could change my mind! So, in my dream, I was laying on my bed, trying to feel the baby. So my fingers were pushing down on my stomach to try to find it, and I could feel a little foot! So I followed the foot until I found the leg, and followed the leg, until I found the body. And there on the body, I found something that would distinctly tell you the baby is a boy, not a girl, if you know what I mean. And that was the extent of my dream! Nothing exciting, really, and completely impossible, but it was funny to wake up and think about it!

We find out in FIVE days what the gender is! Or at least we hope we do. I am so nervous that the day will come, we'll go in for the appointment, and all they'll be able to say is that the baby wasn't in the right position, or they think it's a girl but didn't get a clear shot to say for sure. How awful would that be! As many of you may know, we are having a party on Friday night to announce what the gender of the baby is, and it would put a bit of a damper on the mood if we had no idea.... So I am praying that they will be able to tell! And I have to admit, we both hope it's a girl right now. I've tried my hardest not to lean one way or the other because in reality, just having a baby is exciting and either gender would be great. But right now all I can think about is cute little baby Kara, all pretty in her adorable dresses and tights and pretty hair bows and flowers. In the end, it doesn't matter what the gender of this baby is, or the next, but I hope that we get to have at least one of each.

4) Obviously I got my hair colored darker. I wanted to try out a darker blond, and so right now it's rather brown, but my hair dresser Kim has assured me it will lighten up a bit. But along with the color, I got a trim, so with new color and trim, I'm really going to pay attention to how fast my hair is growing! My nails are definitely growing fast, so let's see about this hair. This is the longest it's been in at least two years, so I'm excited to see how long it will get.

5) As you may/may not know, I teach kindergarten. The teachers sit in the same chairs as the kindergarteners, and these chairs are teeny. It hasn't been a problem until this week; I seriously had some problems gettin down there. I also noticed after some physical things I've done this week (like walking up several flights of stairs) I got majorly tired! Looks like my body is having some more adjustments.

Well, next week will be an exciting post! Come to our house next Friday at 7:30 to find out what the gender of our baby is!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for Friday! Do I make a guess on facebook? cannot wait to see you! ps I will still babysit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! No I think we'll take a vote as people come. And we will totally use you for babysitting. Can I book you for March/April ish when I want to go see the Hunger Games ha ha? I'm serious though.

    ReplyDelete