Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

We were gone for five minutes...

So today was a great Sunday! We were having a grand ole time at dinner at Kyli and Brad Bishop's house (it's super cute), including the sunflower cupcakes I made. Pictures will follow about those, but for now I will just speak of the eating of the cupcakes. We ate, and then all went over to my old roommates' apartment, Amy and Natalie to give them some of the cupakes. We were there for literally five minutes when Kyli came in saying, "Isn't your car the blue Santa Fe? The mid-size SUV? Out on the side of Gold's Gym? It's getting towed." Yes, today was Sunday, and the tow man I suppose was making his rounds. So I ran out there and told the guy, "Whoa, stop, that's my car!" You know what he tells me? "70 bucks for me to drop it, $140 if I tow it." No other words, just to the point, I suppose. This man obviously meant business so I ran to get Jed and his wallet, but as I went I just thought, Really??? Needless to say we were unhappy. I mostly found it ironic that it took longer for him to copy down our credit card information than to press the two buttons to get our car off the towing mechanisms. So there goes $70 down the drain for a 10 minutes operation...

One thing that we found rather... silly? Stupid? Ironic? These two guys drove past us staring, you know when you're on the side of the road and people drive past you slowly staring the whole time, their heads turning as their car advances and they can't see you quite so easily, so there they were staring at us getting towed, and then they park in the Gold's Gym parking lot too! Let me tell you, (and they were long gone or else we would have told them, too) but that man, as soon as he left our car went immediately to their car, and unfortunately they weren't quite so lucky as us to have someone tell us to get out there to stop the towing.

So it wasn't the best ending to our Sunday, but we were cheered up by watching this week's Psych episode when we got home. Shawn and Gus never fail to make us happy.

2 comments:

  1. Oohhh...those tow truck guys are just so frustrating! I'm so sorry this happened, on the Sabbath and in the midst of doing service! For heaven's sake, that was silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha yeah... more reason to try to help people not work on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete