Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our exciting announcement... :)

So I know what you're thinking, exciting announcement = baby. I wish!

Actually, we have been waiting the past two weeks figuring out details about a new apartment! My good friend Katie let us know about an opportunity to move in to the basement of a house her sister owns. It's in west Provo (850 West... far from campus...) and a HUGE plus is that Katie and her husband Mark will be living upstairs! We're super excited.

Not only are we excited about the neighbors and owners, but we LOVE the apartment. First of all, basement apartment, not apartment complex. It will be nice to live in a home again. Then, dry wall, laminate wood floors, and nice carpeting. I can paint and hang pictures! No more cinderblock! Next, a dishwasher. Seriously. While the past seven months in this apartment have been great, the thing that gives me the most grief and has actually brought a little contention into our home is dishes. So having a dishwasher will be amazing! As if the apartment couldn't get any better, there are still more great things about it! Good storage, big bedroom, and one of our favorite two things: washer and dryer. Yay! No more going out in the snow because I put the laundry in and I have to change it. While I won't be able to have all loads going at the same time, I just can't wait to be able to do laundry at whatever hour in the day and not pay for it every time.

We wish we could move in this week but we have to wait until July. It will be an exciting month! Poor Jed will hardly be able to enjoy it because he'll be leaving just a week or two after we move in to go wash windows in Granite Bay for a few weeks. So you can all look forward to more excitement and PICTURES come July/August. And you may get an invite to come over and eat. There's a fire pit in the backyard, too! We'll have parties. After I decorate.

3 comments:

  1. can you please have a housewarming party? i will even make bread (since natalie will probably be a missionary by then). but the party will have to be when i get back from the wildness of africa. but seriously. i am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a blog post was how I or any of our closest family members found out you were having a baby, I would be so mad at you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for dishwashers!!!! Wish I had one!! Treasure it forever!!! Seriously, washing dishes takes up SO MUCH FREAKING TIME!
    Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete