Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Amy + Brandon = Love!

So last Friday, my great friend Amy got engaged! Her wonderful boyfriend-now-fiance Brandon came up with an elaborate plan for her to walk through their 'firsts' (meeting, hand holding, kiss, "I love you") which led her to different places, ending at the temple where he was waiting for her! It was super cute. Me and my old roommies Natalie and Karlee got to help by picking out a dress that Brandon bought for her and then helping her on the day to get ready. It was way fun!

These are just two of my favorite pictures with Amy:





Knowing me, as you all do, you know I can't go to an event without making something. Luckily, Brandon agreed to let me make something for the "after party" they had after dinner to celebrate their engagement with family and friends. So I decided to make cream puffs! My lovely mother helped me last fall make them, and so I decided to embark on the adventure alone this time around.

Cream puffs are surprisingly easy. That is, they are easy if you follow the recipe. I doubled the recipe because I figured there would be upwards of 30 people at the party, and so I doubled all the ingredients. However, I failed to double the water. So, after adding EIGHT eggs to the flour/butter/water mixture, I realized my mistake. I was super annoyed with myself, after all I just wasted EIGHT eggs, so after a little moment to myself, I started over again, and this time the dough was perfect.

Thanks to my mother, I had a nice big decorating tip that made it easy to make little balls of dough. I put them in the oven, and prayed they'd turn out. I had researched on allrecipes.com to find the most consistent recipe and baking time. But they all had different baking times or temperatures! Thankfully, the puffs turned out great!



Next I filled them with my wonderful decorating tip my sister gave to me for my birthday.



The next day I went to my mom's house and she showed me how to make cute little rosebuds with flowers, so with that my cream puffs were finished!



They were a hit at the party, and Amy and Brandon looked super in love! Let me tell you, I can't wait for June 17th because it's going to be a great wedding. Congrats, you two! I love you both and you are perfect for each other!



(My roommates from freshman and sophomore year. Love them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment