Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miss Amy Brugger's Bridal Shower

Saturday I hosted my old roommate Amy's bridal shower! Kyli was originally going to plan and I was going to help, but sadly she wasn't able to because she was going to be out of town, but she was so kind to let us use her cute house! Natalie also helped.

So it was the first one I've ever hosted, and as many of you know, I am a perfectionist. So I knew what I thought would be the perfect bridal shower, and so that's what I wanted to do for Amy! Consequently, sleep was a little lacking because I had a lot to prepare for the shower (and Jed's birthday).

First of all, the food. We had Ravioli with Pinenut Sage Sauce, Spinach Artichoke Dip, and Caprese Salad. For a drink we had cider, and for dessert we had cream cheese brownies and Monarch Butterfly Cupcakes. I will post the recipes in a separate blog post because I think they are all fantastic recipes.

So here was the spread:



I must confess I was most proud of my cupcakes, and I think everyone was impressed with them. They are from my cupcake book "Hello, Cupcake" and if anyone wants to make them, I am happy to let you borrow my book and to help!









So first we ate the delicious food, then we played games! First we played jaw breaker, a game where Amy had to answer questions about her fiance Brandon, and for every one she got wrong, she had to put a piece of gum in her mouth. We had a lot of questions, and a lot of hard ones, and so by the end she had quite the wad of gum...

Seriously, who looks this good with that much gum in your mouth??





Then we played a candy matching game, like concentration or memory. You match a word or phrase that has to do with weddings (The Bride, The Wedding Gifts, The Reception, etc.) with a candy bar (Hot Tamale, Mounds, 100 Grand, respectively).



In case you want to play this game, or just want to see the selection, here it is:

Bridal Shower Game – Candy Concentration

Match the following:

The Bride & Groom - Sweet Tarts
The Bride - Hot Tamale
The Groom – Big Hunk or Mr. Goodbar or Mr. Big
Bridesmaids - Airheads
Groomsmen - 3 Musketeers
Flower Girl & Ring Bearer - Runts
First Date Interactions - Butterfingers
Wedding Ring - Ring Pop
The Reception - 100 Grand
Reception Glass Clinks - Kisses
Reception Departure - Fast Break
Bachelor Party Pranks - Twix
The In-Laws - Nerds
The Parents - Lifesavers
Wedding Gifts - Mounds
1st Wedding Dance - Symphony
Nine Months Later - Baby Ruth
The First Year - Rocky Road
Post-wedding Bank Account – Zero
Engagement Announcement – Good News
Wedding Dress – 5th Avenue
Wedding Ring Purchase Date – Pay Day
Father of the Bride – Sugar Daddy
Couple’s Dream Home Location – Park Avenue

And last she opened presents!!!





The freshman roommates (and Krista) all chipped in and got Amy a super fun present: A Panty Line! Basically, there is a poem (scroll down a little and there it is) and it talks about what panties you will wear throughout your life, and so we got her the panties that the poem dictated. It was a way fun idea and I highly recommend it! Oh and disclamer, Amy isn't really obsessed with underwear...

The bridesmaids have a secret to share
About our little bride
She is obsessed with underwear
And that we cannot hide

So for our special panty queen
We'll make her feel just fine
By working as a friendly team
To form a panty line.

Amy, these undies are to last you
All throughout your life
And Brandon will be pleased to say
He has a sexy wife!

So listen up to hear about
Your lifelong panty plan
These underwear, we have no doubt
Will last your whole life span


The first are for your wedding day
Of course they are pure white
We know Brandon will shout, "Hooray!"
When he sees you on that night

The next are for your honeymoon
They're sexy and all lace
We hope you'll leave your hotel room
'Cause Mexico's a gorgeous place!

On Valentine's you'll wear this pair
Before you hit the bed
Cuz Cupid's arrow in the air
Shoots tushies that are red

After a year has passed you'll face
Anniversary number one
With these you'll surely have a blast
'Cuz magenta's so much fun!

Then when the time is right for you
And don't be saying, "Maybe"
You'll wear your little pink or blue
In honor of your baby

And when your years of wedding bliss
Become the big 2-5
Don't worry - you'll just slip this on
To keep the sparks alive

When finally you're old and gray
With these you can't go wrong
'Cuz sorry, Amy, but at that age
You just can't wear a thong


(Amy's reaction to the granny panties)

So, I had a great time planning this and I think everyone, most importantly Amy, had a great time attending! I'm so glad we could have this fun time, and I can't wait for June when I get to celebrate the most important part of all, Amy and Brandon's wedding, being sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck Heather, thank you!!! I'm planning a bridal shower at the moment and was in need of some good ideas!!! Thanks for posting this! Super super cute.

    Bethany Maughan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an amazing bridal shower Heather! Jordan and I both loved the cupcakes and the game ideas. One day I will probably do the panty line for one of my friends who gets married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterfly cup cakes seem to be mouth watering. Bridal party is of course an adorable one. Went for a baby shower of mu friend's sister last week. Liked the blue and pink balloon and bunting on the exterior. Interior lighting of Chicago wedding venues was soothing enough. Cup cakes and cuisines were all yummy to the heaven.

    ReplyDelete