Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jed had a birthday, shout hooray!

So, Friday (April 8th) was Jed's 23rd birthday! It was such a fun day. I love love love to do lots of surprises, so I had fun thinking up several things to do.



Thursday we were up late, so at midnight, I blindfolded him and drove him to Del Taco for a midnight run, something he used to do all the time with him roommates. Then we slept in very late... very late ha ha. Then we had lunch at P.F. Chang's, which he's never been to! My cousin Josh was our server, and so overall, it was a delicious and fun lunch. Then poor Jed had to work.

After work, we went to a party. Not for Jed, but for my Grandma's 80th birthday! I made potato salad, and because everyone loved, it, I am going to give you the recipe!

Tangy Dill Potato Salad

Ingredients:
3 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and
quartered (I used red potatoes)
1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped green onions

2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, mix with Italian dressing, and set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, green onions, dill, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper. When the potatoes are cooled, stir into the bowl until coated. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to blend flavors before serving.

It was way good and I highly recommend it.

After the party, we went home and Jed opened presents!

This one was from me: a 50 minute professional massage and afterwards, dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries!



His parents gave him a great book, Supersonic Saints, and a really cool DVD set called Life, and his sister Haley gave him a funny present: six cans of chocolate frosting. She read my post a little while ago about how much Jed likes frosting, and decided to give him that. It was super funny. Jed also got two cards, one from his brother's family in England, and one via email from his other sister, which I thought was way cute!



The next day was my step-dad Tony's birthday. So my he, my mom, Jed, and I went out to Happy Sumo for dinner for sushi which was delicious! Then we went home for presents and cake. My family gave Jed a really cool Star Wars book that he had wanted and a huge rolling cooler!

So the cake. I had been planning this for weeks! I was so excited. My sister helped me decorate it, and I think it turned out great! The cake was an Xbox 360 and then I made a rice krispies Xbox controller that we also decorated with frosting.





And so ends all the birthday festivities for my husband. I hope he had a great birthday! I certainly enjoyed planning it!

No comments:

Post a Comment