Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Before talking about our pagan holiday traditions, I should say that we had a lovely Easter with wonderful talks and lessons about the real reason we celebrate Easter, which is Christ and His resurrection! We are both so grateful that Christ suffered through everything He did so that we have His Atonement so that we can repent of our sins, be forgiven, and then one day be resurrected and be reunited with our body, each other, and our family whom we are sealed to!

Now to the candy/egg/food part of our Easter!

I must give you a little background first. Our good friends Jordan and Kelsey are in between apartments right now, so they are staying with us! It's been way fun and honestly they could stay to the end of the week and it'd be great! But they leave us tomorrow...

Anyways, after church, we decorated Easter eggs! Jordan and Kelsey made some pretty cool designs with lines and tape and things, while Jed and I simply made cool colors, which we decided were some of the planets. Once that was decided, Jupiter needed its spot, Mars needed a rocket, and Earth needed some flowers and things (the decorating kit came with stickers).







Then, we had an Easter egg hunt! Two, actually. First, we girls hid the eggs for the boys to find, and then the boys hid the eggs for the girls to find. We girls were too easy on the boys, and so they won the hunt (by finding the eggs much faster than the girls...). Granted, we only hid the eggs in the living room, and the boys hid them all over our apartment. It was quite the adventure! The boys still think we lost an egg and will find it when we move out, but I (who bought all the plastic eggs) think they just miscounted :)



The victors...



And then, before dinner at my Grandma Grace's house with (my step-dad) Tony's side of the family, I had to make the cupcakes I promised! On Saturday the cupcakes were baked, so all that was left was the decorating. Luckily, I had two wonderful assistants to help me, Jordan and Kelsey. Jordan and Kelsey decorated the rabbit cupcakes and I did the many grass cupcakes. In the end, I think they turned out super super cute!





2 comments:

  1. ok heather when i get back from Africa can you make africa cupcakes? and also teach me how to do this? you are amazing- but then again, i already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha actually.... I know of some cupcakes that would be perfect. Just let me know when your welcome back party will be and they will be made!

    ReplyDelete