Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Alone

Well, my Jed is gone for the week. Five days in California. It was so sad saying goodbye to him. We sat on the tailgate of our car as we waited for the train to come, and when we heard the horn we jumped up, made sure he had everything, and walked up to the platform. As I wheeled his suitcase up the sidewalk, it was like I was in a movie: the train got closer, the horn got louder, and it seemed like time slowed and all I could focus on was the echoing horn that rang in my ears, and as it got louder all it told me was Jed was leaving… sad, right? I feel a little pathetic because he’s only going for five days. I can’t even imagine how the families of marines and soldiers who leave for a year feel…

You see, I’m the type of person who needs to be around people. Take tonight for example: After dropping Jed off, instead of going home to study for my D&C test tomorrow, I went to this cute crepe cafĂ© (alliteration right there, folks) and studied. I studied surrounded by people (loud people) and live music and somehow I focused better than I ever would have in my too quiet apartment (Ask me anything about D&C Sections 1-24. I bet I know it.). I don’t get it, but I have discovered this part of my personality. It may be weird, but I love that I can’t seem to function without people. I think that’s why I liked having roommates so much. I don’t like to be alone. Jed on the other hand loves to have his alone time. That’s why I’m glad for him to get this little break, even a break from me. While we have a happy and healthy marriage, I know he even needs a break from me sometimes. Luckily I also know that he’ll be as happy to be with me come Tuesday as I am to be with him.

So people, feel free to stop by this weekend. If all goes as planned, I will have a clean apartment and my homework for next week will be mostly done by Saturday night, and I bet at least six, maybe seven, episodes of Psych will have been watched by then as well. Thank goodness I have Shawn and Gee Buttersnaps to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment