Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Traumatic Birthday Cake

So, yesterday was my lovely sister Brittany's birthday! To celebrate I took her out to lunch at Zupas and also got a lovely sunburn in the process.

On Monday, we had our family birthday party. It was fun and we played Locale, a fun geography game similar to Balderdash but with locations... So anyway, my mother made a delicious chocolate cake. However, the moment I got my piece I literally put my hand to my heart and just stared at it... it looked EXACTLY like the chocolate cake from the movie Matilda! You know, the scene in the assembly where the fat little boy ate some of the scary principal's cake, so she makes him eat the whole thing? And he nearly throws it all up in the process? Well that scene was always so disgusting to me and it often made me lose my appetite. Imagine my surprise and flashbacks to my childhood of being traumatized by that movie (Mrs. Trunchbull was SUPER scary) when the exact cake was set before me to eat!

However, I still ate it and it was delicious. It was incredibly rich and couldn't be eaten without some ice cream and some milk to wash it down. So, despite the horror of it being the Matilda cake, it was quite good and I would love to have it again sometime.


(This is the cake... looks good right? And ridiculously rich? It was both of those.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you got a sunburn, too? I feel better, then. I have a random strip on my right arm that is burnt, with a nice straight edge where the bottom of cardigan sleeve was.

    ReplyDelete