Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busy Weekend

Well, Jed gets on the train TOMORROW to come back to me and I will be picking him up at a bright and early 4:30 AM. I am happily surprised at how not lonely I have been this week. The evenings of course are lonely, but I have kept very busy each day.

Friday I was in a kindergarten all day, went bridesmaid dress shopping with Amy and Natalie, then Amy and her fiance were kind enough to watch Robin Hood with me (we all fell asleep) and Amy was kind enough again to sleep over. I know Jed is a little sad he missed out hanging with Amy and Brandon. We are so lucky to have such great friends! We are very lucky in that my friends from college and high school have husbands that my husband gets along with. It makes it so easy when we want to have people over.

Saturday I spend all morning with Amy and her family helping them garden the backyard where her reception will be. It will be really beautiful and I can't wait to see it all decorated and in full bloom! My brothers were also kind enough to go grocery shopping with me ha ha.

Today, Sunday, I fully appreciated how long church is. Also, with all the people moving in and out, I visited a new family in our ward with two adorable boys. They are from Russia, and the boys just sound so cute when they speak Russian. I feel like it's such an adult sounding language, so coming from their cute little voices is just so funny. I am going to enjoy having them in Primary because they are very social, and their mom I already enjoy talking with. I also visited my new Second Counselor who I didn't really know before, but I am already looking forward to becoming better friends with.

For dinner, my siblings came over. It was great fun to have them over for dinner and made the evening a lot more enjoyable than it would have been without them. (I know as soon as my mother reads this, she will be so jealous because she missed a family dinner since she's in Lake Powell. Don't worry Mom, in July when Jed is gone for three weeks, I have no doubt I will come home often.) I feel so blessed to live so close to my family. It is so nice to call them up and randomly have dinner or go grocery shopping with them. I feel quite sad when I think about the fact that Jed and I are bound not to live in Utah for the rest of our lives. It will be sad not seeing them every couple weeks, but I know that this is what happens in life. I am all the more grateful that we are sealed together for eternity because while life may take us apart for a while, we will have all of eternity to visit each other and the worlds we create.

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment