Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Natalie's Bridal Shower

So, this was several weeks ago, but life has been ca-razy! Seriously. Jed left to do window washing in California (for three weeks... it's been lonely). I had summer practicum, a visit to my brother who is acting in a dinner theater in Idaho for the summer, and just all around homework. I've also had some wonderful friends who have come over (even if it was to do laundry...ha ha) and who I've been able to spend time with shopping or at the gym. I even have a 15 page research paper (which is basically done! Yay!). So despite my husband being gone, life did not slow down for me. Oh and I have to get a root canal. But overall, we are very happy with life right now.

All that has nothing to do with what this post is really about, but I thought I'd give you a 30 second update on our life.

To the Bridal Shower:

Saturday, the 16th, I hosted my first party at my house! It was my long time best friend's bridal shower, which I hosted with Amy as well as with TONS of help from my mother and my great friend, Kyli.

So because I feel that I know Natalie quite well, I thought pizza would be a good food to serve because she loves pizza to death. So we gave Natalie some options of what she could choose, and so the menu was: margherita pizza, pepperoni, meat lovers, and bbq chicken. For dessert we had cinnamon sticks and fruit pizza. Oh and we served raspberry lemonade.

The morning of, Amy, Kyli, and later my mother came over to prepare the food. My kitchen had never been so messy (granted we've only lived here for two weeks, but still) and I had some moments of worry that we wouldn't get done in time as time flew by quite quickly! Luckily, everyone was fashionably late so we had time to clean and put out the food.





We also made the favors to give out at the end. We used one of Amy's wedding gifts, called Baby Cakes. It's this thing you put cake batter into, close the lid for like 5 minutes, and then out come perfect round cake balls! Then you can fill them, put sticks in, and cover with frosting or chocolate. It was amazing how well it worked, and I recommend anyone to go out there and buy this little contraption (Hint, hint to Jed.... Perhaps a future Christmas present...?). The favors turned out way cute and they were absolutely delicious. It helped that what we covered the cake balls in was white chocolate mint.... way addicting!





We chatted and ate, and then played a game.... jeopardy.... This was a game a took offline, a Jeopardy game for a bridal shower. It was silly, I'll just say it. I felt bad because I did not have time this week to make up new questions, but in the end, it was very fun and I think we all really enjoyed the giggling the game produced.

Then Natalie opened presents! I loved the variety. She got a present of kitchen gadgets (classic) and a couple of presents of lingerie (another classic). Then there were the others: a blowdryer with a diffuser and then the present of travel toothbrushes/paste/mouthwash. Ha ha so funny but both were things Natalie could use/needed!







I have to describe the present the freshman roommates gave to Natalie. After the cute and creative gift we gave Amy for her bridal shower, we had a hard time coming up with something different but equally as creative for Natalie's gift. I don't know if what we came up with was equally cute and creative, but it certainly was creative ha ha. So we fashioned it after a gift Amy got for a bridal shower. Someone gave her an umbrella, and when she opened it, there were dollar bills hanging on the inside "for a rainy day." So we got a big umbrella and hung lingerie in it "for a rainy day." Ha ha yeah.... we're not the most creative people. But it was cute and fun and Natalie was very surprised, which was exactly the idea!

She knew something was coming...





Also, I must highlight a cute idea for decorations. My mother made these for the shower. You need a wiffle ball, plastic flowers, and a ribbon. She got everything from the dollar store. So basically (I probably am missing a step), but you just stick the flowers into the holes of the wiffle ball. The ribbon can be used to hang it up, but that's seriously it. I feel the step I may be missing is if you glue the flowers it, but I bet if you stuff them in tight enough, they'll stay. So here they are:





All in all, it was a fun bridal shower! We had a good time, and I was so glad to be able to throw that for my best friend. Now on to the wedding in less than a week!

(I'll end with this sequence of pictures I really like...)



2 comments:

  1. I know it is a bridal shower for me but it kinda makes me uncomfortable the amount of pictures of me. (probably because some of them are not so good). It was way fun though. Thanks so much for an awesome bridal shower!! (I want more cake things... they were so good!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my i love this! it makes me a little sad that i was not there but oh well. i wish i had been there for the umbrella fun! ha ha ha. you guys are gonna have to be REAL creative for me ;)

    ReplyDelete