Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Maternity Clothes?

For those wondering about the pregnancy, things are going well. Wednesday and Thursday I brushed my teeth without throwing up! So I thought perhaps my morning sickness was actually subsiding like it often does after the first trimester. Friday I discovered I was mistaken....... But there is still hope that soon enough, I will be past morning sickness. I can't say that if I continue to throw up when I brush my teeth I am unlucky, though, because I have had much better morning sickness than many women I know, including my mother. I have also had a little bit of a hard time taking my prenatal vitamin (I gag when I try to swallow it). Today at the store I was looking for more vitamins because my bottle is almost out, and I found gummy ones! Not only does that play to my love for gummy candy, but it solves the problem of gagging when I swallow pills.... So far, they taste pretty good and have only a slightly odd after taste, but I'll let you know how it goes. I only hope I don't give in to temptation to eat more than two a day....

The biggest thing that I'm waiting for is maternity clothes! Now is about the time that women start to grow..... And call me lucky but I haven't noticed any changes in my waistline! In fact, from week 7 to week 12, I lost weight. I'm eating a lot better now, by eating smaller meals and more snack throughout the day (not even by choice, but my appetite dictates that's what I do), and so I wonder if I'm losing some fat while gaining some baby..... So no maternity pants for me yet! I'm even just waiting to go up a size for pants, but so far nothing like that is needed. Does anyone know, because I'm not starting off a small size 6, and so does that make a difference? Like the skinny women have to start moving up in size pretty quickly while the curvy women have room for the baby to grow without getting new pants? It's something rather unimportant, but I wonder. I think I'd better start taking the classic prego shot to start comparing, because I think my tummy will start growing pretty soon.... And I don't know how I'll feel in three months, but I'm looking forward to actually looking pregnant! This is all conditional on the fact that I gain weight only in my tummy area and nowhere else, ha ha.

So, we'll see, people, what comes my way with this pregnancy. Last night I dreamed that I delivered this baby at home, at 14 weeks, and it was 8 pounds already, so I took it to the hospital to make sure everything was alright, and then commenced in carrying this baby around everywhere that did not look like a newborn but more like a 3 month old baby. So are the delivery dreams starting already? I still have 26 weeks to go to worry about it.....

Another topic I'd like to address: pregnancy photos. I think I'll get started on those in the next few weeks (because I think you'll be able to tell pretty soon) so you can expect to see those on the blog. For some entertaining pregnancy pictures go to Awkward Family Photos. It's super funny. Disclaimer #1: Be aware that there are some where the women have less than the desired amount of clothes. Disclaimer #2: I will not be taking any pictures with my bare belly. That's just gross.

So, there's how the pregnancy's going..... Yep.

2 comments:

  1. With my first, I wasn't showing until one weekend and then all the sudden, I popped out and I was suddenly very prego (which was about 18 weeks). Then after that I was struggling to keep it a secret until 12 weeks because I had already started to show. I know that it is exciting to actually start showing- but it is nice later on if it isn't too soon (if that makes sense).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't wait to get into cute maternity clothes for my first either, but they get old REAL quick! I was in my normal clothes until about 20 weeks for my first as well. I think I took the ultrasound technician by surprise when I had to unbutton my jeans for the ultrasound - with no maternity trousers :) Funny memories.

    ReplyDelete