Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Baby Shower!

These are the awesome ladies who threw the shower!


Hey there.

A few weeks ago, I was given an awesome baby shower!

My old freshman roommates were so great and planned a great party.

First of all, big thanks to Kyli and her mother, who kindly let us have the shower at her house.

Now, the food was delicious. They made a soup bar. There were four types of soup, all of them so delicious. Then there were bread bowls and french bread as well as lots of toppings for the soup. They also has salad and these awesome fruit cups. For dessert my good friend Kelsey made some delicious lemon bars, there were some great cookies, and my mom made an adorable cake! Here's the delicious food:







Aren't these little booties so cute??


So, the food was awesome. I felt so grateful for all the people that came! I had family from all sides of my family and friends from all parts of my life. It was fun to see everyone there and chat with them. I always feel bad at parties and showers like these though; I feel like I don't give enough attention to my guests! So I hope they can forgive me if they didn't feel like I gave them enough of my time.






I don't think any pictures were taken of my friends from work, but they came, too!

So after a little while, we played a very fun game given by Kelsey. She asked me some questions, like my favorite baby movie (Father of the Bride II with Baby Mama as a close second), my biggest craving (sour things or citrus... I say this as I eat a slice of delicious key lime pie my amazing friends Sam and Evan made for me. They could not have given me a better dessert!), or if I had a gift card to buy anything for my baby, what thing would I choose (Baby shoes! I make involuntary cute noises whenever I see the cute teeny shoes). So she asked the same questions to the guests at the party and whoever got the most right won candy! My mom of course won, but she declined the candy, and so the next person in line was my coworker Janelle! She's pregnant as well, and so we have had many a conversation about our pregnancies. 

After that, I got to open presents! I always feel awkward at first opening presents. I just feel so self conscious and embarrassed! But I quickly was distracted by the cute outfits and super soft blankets for our baby! We got some really great things, and I am so grateful for the gifts and help from our family and friends! Thanks again, everyone! We feel very blessed to have such great family and friends.

This was a present just for Jed. We can't start too early introducing our little boy to Star Wars!




This was another awesome gift! My mom and Amy (?) put together this adorable diaper cake and Kyli gave me the awesome plaque.

My necklace is something my mom made. My lovely Aunt Toni taught us how to make cute little stars from ribbon, and then put them all together on a cute necklace!

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for letting me be a part of this! you have done so much for all of us and we were all more than thrilled to throw a party for you :)

    ReplyDelete