Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Losing the Baby Bump: Two Weeks

One more thing I had no idea what to expect: how fast would I lose the baby weight? How long until I didn't look pregnant anymore? So, I may (or may not) post a few more posts like this one to show you how my weight loss is going. I gained a total of 35.8 pounds over the last 9 months, and so we'll see how long until I lose it all! I hear lots of people say it took you nine months to put it on, so you can expect it to take that long to get it off.

However, it's only been two weeks and I feel like I'm looking great! I think a huge contributor to that is the fact that I was SUPER swollen before I gave birth. I never realized how swollen I was until I saw what I looked like after. Whew! So, here I was two days before giving birth:


SWOLLEN!

Now here I am 5 days after birth:


Not bad weight loss, I think.

Here I am two weeks after:


Lookin' good, right? Ha ha I feel so great. I still don't know what I weigh but I'm super excited to see what I've lost. Quite a bit of water weight I bet!

Now I just can't wait to see what I can do once I'm cleared to exercise!

P.S. Like my new hair cut/color?


****Update! At about 2 1/2 weeks after the birth, I went in to have my incision from the c-section checked. There I weighed myself, and I had lost 25 pounds! Only 10 more to go. I guess this happens when you have so much water weight from being so swollen...

1 comment: