Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 36

Less than a month left!



If he were a fruit, he would be a crenshaw melon.



So this week, I really don't have enough room inside me for this child! Here's a little cross cut of a pregnant woman's body:


Now you see? Sometimes when I go from laying down to sitting up, I don't feel like I can sit up straight because it would squish my insides more than they can be squished! Seriously, look at how smashed the stomach and small intestines are... I'll just say that it's no wonder that nearer to the end pregnant women have.... bowel problems? Can I just say that and you know what I mean? The point of this is, my baby is huge and I ain't got no more room!

This week I have focused on two TV shows: Downton Abbey and The Biggest Loser. I watched Downton Abbey in record time! But the sad thing? Season two was on pbs.org, but by the time I got to the LAST episode of the season, the videos had expired. So sad! So I read what happened, but it's not the same as watching.... I was really sad. But, life goes on. It was a very interesting TV show to watch! It's like my favorite BBC, 1800s movies and shows, but being set in the 1914-1920s, it's slightly more modern. So there are old style values that are being challenged in a changing world. I loved that. I did not love that so many people were unfaithful to their spouses/fiances/loves of their lives! Too many people were kissing people they shouldn't have been kissing. Dislike!

And the Biggest Loser. Love it. I love that Jed watches it with me, too. The only problem is, I so want to change my life, too! I want to go work out and feel that awesome feeling after you worked your butt off and you're so sweaty and your muscles are so tired, and you just feel so good! But, it's going to be a few months before I can do that.... I hope that my motivation can last until then. So, I can't work out right now, but adding onto that, I just feel so dang lazy! I know I shouldn't feel lazy. I mean, it's not like I am choosing not to do dishes or lay down all day. But it's still so hard not to feel lazy! I keep asking Jed if he feels like I'm lazy because I'm so nervous he'll resent me for making him to everything around the house in addition to school and work. But he assures me he does not think that and I'm being very silly for thinking he would. Jed has been awesome throughout this. He's gotten to the point where I don't have to ask him to do the dishes or to take my plate from the couch where I ate to the sink. He knows I would want him to, so he just does it. I've trained him so well. Ha ha no, he's just awesome! He's stepped up and done great. Hopefully this bedrest thing won't last too much longer, and then it will be only a little while before I can get back into cooking light cleaning so I can help him!

So this week, insomnia has hit. I had several nights where I couldn't sleep for hours, and then when I finally fell asleep, I would wake up every hour and often wake up in the early hours in the morning wide awake! I'm so grateful I've been able to sleep in or take a nap.

But, I think all the insomnia caused some problems. Thursday night I went to bed with a migraine. Medicine didn't help, so I took a little more. Still nothing. So after a few hours of no sleep and pure pain, I had to call the on call doctor. I felt horrible doing so at 2:30 in the morning, but they had told me that one of the warning signs to look for was a migraine that wouldn't go away with medication. So, the doctor told me to go to the hospital.... Poor, poor Jed, to have to lose sleep for me. But he did, and he took me there. It was just like the last time; I did a urine sample and they drew some blood. I was hooked up to the fetal heart monitor and the blood pressure machine. All tests came back fine! My blood pressure was slightly higher than normal, but as I sat there, it went down to my "normal." So, just like last time, they told me it was good I came in, but I still needed to just keep an eye on things and come in again if something like this happens again. Lovely. So after two hours, I still had my migraine (although somehow it had lessened slightly), so they gave me some morphine and some other drug. It was a shot to the hip... owie. But they monitored me for another 45 minutes to make sure all was still well with me and the baby after the shot and to make sure my headache went away. And it did! Oh it felt blessedly good. So, we were back at home just after 6:00, and we went straight to bed. Both of us slept in, but I slept in until 3:30 that afternoon! I woke up several times, sometimes to texts, and because of the medicine I couldn't even stay awake long enough to reply to a text. The rest of the evening I was groggy and had a small headache, but with medicine and caffeine (prescribed by my lovely nurse), and food from my wonderful husband, I felt 10 times better that evening!

So, again we visited the hospital. Tomorrow is our 36 week appointment, which I'm excited for. I will have the Group B Strep test, hopefully the doctor can tell us if I'm dilated and how big the baby is, and above all, I hope we can figure out what's going on with me! I don't want to hinder the baby's growth by having the baby come early, but he is just so active so I know he's healthy and he seems pretty big to me, so maybe he's ready to come out! I'm just afraid that we'll have to visit the hospital every week for tests telling me that I'm fine and need to rest (which I'm doing plenty of), and I'm also afraid that one of these times, it may actually be worse than we thought and then I could have to stay in the hospital for several days or weeks! I don't want to sound selfish, because the baby's health is the most important thing, but it's hard not to think of my own health and our finances, because those are factors. Plus, what if one of these times it suddenly not only affects my health but also the baby's? It's a strong possibility. So for the health of all, maybe it's best to get this baby out!

I think by this time a lot of women hope that they'll deliver soon. It's nice to know we're in the home stretch, though! Only 25 days until my due date! Whenever he comes, I'm excited for him to be here! 

2 comments:

  1. 1. I LOVE the biggest loser! absolutely and completely love it. we should get together and talk about it. 2. I can't believe you are so close! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes motherhood has so many challenges. Yours is one of the big ones but the rewards will be great. Priesthood blessings do a lot in helping mom and in inspiring the doctors. Actually, as one who has had migraines, but not as bad as yours must have been, the nurse gave you good advice. Taking something like that at the first sign helps. However, your case is different since you are pregnant. Just follow doctor's orders.
    Your granny loves you

    ReplyDelete