Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 35

Can you believe I started doing this at week 15? What a difference 20 weeks makes!

Here I am at 15 weeks
26 Weeks





Today at 35 Weeks!
So there we have it. I'm looking pretty big, right?

Baby Stats:

Height: 20 ish inches
Weight: 5 1/2 ish pounds
If he were a fruit, he would be a: honeydew melon



So you would think I wouldn't have had an exciting week, right? Well you're right, being on bed rest has been rather boring. But not terrible!

I visited the doctor's office 5 times this week! Monday and Thursday for my non-stress test, Wednesday to pick up the 24-hour urine test kit, Thursday to drop off the 24 hour test, and then again on Thursday because I didn't realized I had to get my blood drawn when I dropped off the test. Whew! So many times.... This week I hope to only go twice, and then the next week I'll be going a ton of times. The nice thing is, with all these visits, I get the reassurance that the baby is doing great! The tests have all gone well, though my blood pressure went a little up, but my resting heart rate was still in a safe range, so it should be okay for now.

What else? Well I did lots of organizing on my work computer so that it would be nice and cleaned up for my long term sub to use, as well as a lot on my own computer. My email is very organized! Ha ha it was probably a strange thing for me to do, but you really can only look on Pinterest and Facebook for so long.... I seriously look at both those and my Google Reader at least 5 times a day, probably more. I should start tracking it. I'm discovering a few more blogs every few days, generally through Pinterest, so those help give me a little something new.

I also did lots of organizing with my office papers! I did it in several sessions, all of them sitting down, and watched some great tv shows and movies so that I was nice and relaxed the whole time! Plus, my mom came over and was a great help. Jed also was great, because he did all the moving of the papers and throwing away of the huge piles of paper I threw out. But that is going to be saved for another post! But that was something I looked forward to every day, even though it took up an insignificant part of my day, it was great to have something different and something where I wasn't laying down but was sitting up.

I don't know if it's because of all the laying down or if it's growing pains/round ligament pain, but I've had some annoying pain down in my pelvic area. Keeping a pillow between my legs helps, but I definitely have to shift from side to side or being really propped up by pillows so I can "lay down" on my back so that my hips don't hurt too much.

One of the funnest things of this week is that the baby started hiccuping! I always wondered if the baby was hiccuping and I never noticed, because around 28 or 29 weeks is when I heard I should be able to feel hiccups, and I never did! But this week, I have felt him hiccup almost every day. It's been fun to feel, and it feels nice to know he is doing what he's supposed to!

So, last, I think my baby may have dropped! Or he's on his way down. My friend Natalie as well as Jed both say that it looks like my belly is a little lower and not as round, but looks like it's hanging a little. I feel like he's a bit lower, because I definitely feel a lot of pressure on my bladder.... Ha ha today I had some troubles walking because he was definitely settled on my bladder. So, I read that your baby can drop soon before you deliver to weeks before, and considering I'm at 35 weeks, it is probably weeks, but it's still exciting that there are some small indications that things are getting closer!

I have to say, this week I got really excited for the baby to come. I just can't wait! I'm excited to be able to hold him, feed him, and all that jazz. I know it won't be easy, but I'm getting excited to just start figuring this parenting thing out! I'm such a planner, so I just plan and think things over and over until I can finally act on all of my plans. So, I'm excited for the point when I can finally act on all this planning, even though I know it will be hard! It's going to be great though.

So, another week down, and about 5 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. i just got SO excited for you to have this little baby boy! i know you have a bajillion people to tell when it happens but i hope you let me know too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pain around your pelvic area is your pelvic beginning to widen so baby can fit through. Necessary and uncomfortable, yes. Exciting to have wider hips, NO.

    ReplyDelete