Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Garlands, ornaments, and mini Christmas trees

Last night I put away ALL the Christmas decorations. We had one Rubbermaid box to put all the decorations in...they didn't fit. At the beginning of the December, I thought we'd have about two things to show we get into the Christmas spirit. Now we have an overflowing box! It's great.

But anyway, stuffed those into our storage closet and organized the whole thing. It is so wonderfully clean! And yet...my house looks so bare. It made me wish I had curtains of some sort and perhaps a few more things to hang on my wall (and a wall that wasn't cinderblock so I COULD hang things on it). The good thing is we plan on living here probably till next April (as in 2012) and so I have plenty of time to find cheap decorations we can afford.

Next item on my to do list: vacuum up the garland's sheddings.

2 comments:

  1. Command Strips have a velcro strip strong enough to hold pictures etc...check em out! don't let cinderblocks stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't worry we have probably bought $100 worth of Command Strips. I think we put up (and took down) at least 20 little hooks for the garland and that was only for the garland! Thank goodness for those, right?

    ReplyDelete