Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Take your Flintstone vitamins!

When I was younger, it was the biggest treat when we had Flintstone vitamins. It's really a tribute to some people's smartness in making vitamins look like characters from a show and also children's gullibleness to like anything that has to do with a show they watch or toy they play.



So in the months of December and January, I got sick 3 times with a nasty cold, one of them beginning on Christmas. The first time was annoying. The second, unfortunate and annoying. But when the third one hit me, Jed and I figured there was some other thing going on here than just a cold.

To make a long story short, I went to the doctor and she said I had a Vitamin D deficiency! It makes you fatigued (when you're deficient) and weakens your immune system. A lot of people have this, especially during the winter months because where do you get vitamin D? When you're in the sunlight!

So I started taking a pill every morning, and I just have to tell you how amazing the difference is! Before, I had the HARDEST time waking up. Now? Well waking up for work at six still isn't my favorite, but I don't drag out of bed and moan to myself all morning like I used to. I feel so much better because November and December were really tired months. I thought I was just being lazy and wasn't getting enough sleep (which I wasn't), but now that I have this revelation, I can actually tell what a difference sleep does to my day, where before I was tired no matter what.

While I don't necessarily recommend that ALL of you go out there and get some vitamins to take, I completely see the value of them and appreciate those Flintstone Vitamins a lot more now.

Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment