Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Birthday Flowers



For the last month, I've spent almost every weekday in the classroom I'll be teaching at next year. It has been so awesome and I've learned so much already! I can't wait for next year. It will be completely different though, seeing as the cute kids I've gotten to know this year won't be there next year.

Anyway, the current intern has been the biggest help for me! She gave me so much advice and now I think I have realistic expectations for next year. She's so nice to even suggest that if I have more questions next year to email her! You're probably wondering why this has to do with cupcakes, but here it is: They were celebrating the summer birthdays at school, and the intern's was one of them. She loves cupcakes, and so I made some cupcakes for the adults to eat at the birthday party (the kids can't have homemade stuff). So these mums are the cupcakes! I loved them. It was fun to make them. I colored sugar, cut mini marshmallows and tossed them in the colored sugar to make the petals. The stamens of the flowers are italian ice flavored Mike and Ikes. Way easy, right? I also cheated and used Duncan Hines frosting in a can. My cupcake book suggested them if you don't have time to make frosting, and I have to agree with them that they have the best frosting.

So there ya go! Of all my cupcakes that you see on my blog, I must admit that these are probably some of the most doable. So go make some!

I also just have to give a little update on blog posts to come! In June we have one of my best friend's wedding (Miss Amy Brugger--the one you saw the bridal shower for in a past post). Then in July we'll be moving to our new apartment (which will have lots of posts on my decorations, I'm sure) and I'll be hosting a bridal shower for my best friend Natalie (no cupcakes at that shower, but a ton of pizza!). Then in August will be Natalie's wedding (which I'm making cupcakes for) as well as Jed's family reunion. What a summer! I can't believe it's already June. In no time I'll be blogging about my first day of teaching my own classroom! I can't believe it! Anyway, have a lovely day!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cupcakes. Keep the cute ideas coming. I love to see them.

    ReplyDelete