Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mosiah 2:41

Happy Sunday!

I have never been so happy to pay my tithing before. This isn't really from any extraordinary blessing and story that's General Conference worthy, but I just am so glad to do it!

This summer, while I'm going to school, I am not working. Jed is doing a great job working almost full time and is earning quite a bit of money. Unfortunately, not quite enough for our little family. However, I'm not that worried! (I'm a little worried of course, I can't help but be) I feel like I finally get to use my testimony of tithing and after all these years of paying tithing, and all those years of paying fast offerings, I feel like this week it has counted more than all those other times! I know that when we pay our tithing we are blessed!

On a similar note, I cannot wait for this weekend. Why? Because we are going to the temple twice! Friday we are so excited to be able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to support our friend Amy as she gets her endowments out, and then Saturday we will be going to Manti with our friends to go to the temple there. I am so glad we are temple worthy and that we have so many temples to choose from to go to! I love the feeling I get when I go to the temple, and I know that it brings us blessings. I love that I can help people who have passed from this earth to gain blessings, especially this week as we have some names of my own ancestors to use in the temple this week.

The scripture that is that title of this post, Mosiah 2:41, says "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God." I agree! I know that the reason I am so happy today is that I am keeping the commandments of God, and I am grateful to see the consequences in my life and the blessings in my life from doing that.

Have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I love being inspired by your posts. I am glad you are so happy. You have found the key--obedience. Thanks for your great example.

    ReplyDelete