Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 27

27 weeks down, 13 (ish) to go! Sorry for the unattractive picture for this week....


Baby Stats
Length: 15 inches (We've been measuring from crown to rump, now it's from head to toe!)
Weight: 2 1/2 ish pounds
If he were a veggie, he would be: a cauliflower



So, this week. This has been a great week, physically! Sleep still is not the best, but it's better than over the break. I think getting back to work has exhausted me enough to help me sleep more soundly.

One thing I am hating which I don't think I've mentioned before is dry skin on my lips. A while ago it started, but it went away until last week. So basically, I have little teeny flakes on my lips. No amount of lip balm will help. I use a scrub to try to get rid of it, (this worked the last time) but this time around I'm having some difficulties getting rid of the flakes. So, I just keep trying to use my lip balm and scrub, and hopefully it will go away again! My hands have been kind of dry, too. This winter weather combined with pregnancy symptoms is not great for my skin.

Jed and I are also now starting to try to figure out what to do with our baby's pediatrician and insurance. Man, I hate all this. Since I (most likely) won't be teaching next year, I will no longer be on their benefits. But I will have benefits until August. So do we add the baby for the first 4 months of his life, then move him to BYU insurance? Or should we just put him on the BYU insurance as soon as he's born? I have never understood insurance, so trying to read all of the different insurance stuff is confusing to me. Hopefully we will come to a decision and things will go smoothly! I don't want to sound like I am ungrateful for life right now, because life is great, but I look forward to when school is finished and Jed has a steady job that provides benefits and things. No more switching around. I wonder if life is ever like this, but wouldn't it be great to be in the same house, same company, same insurance, same cars, for several years! I know life is super unpredictable, but going to college makes it more so. I look forward to a few years down the road when we are a little more settled. That being said, life really is grand right now! College is great, I graduate soon, the baby is coming, the pregnancy is going SO well, I'm not gaining pounds and pounds of pregnancy weight, we both have jobs and money coming in, we have a great apartment with super nice landlords, we live near my family, I could keep going! The point is, all is well with the Stephensons and we are grateful for Heavenly Father's help in our lives!

Have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I work at an insurance broker's office. Show me your insurance stuff, and I can help you figure out what you should do insurance-wise.

    ReplyDelete