Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 30

It's here: Week 30!



Baby Stats:
Inches: 17 ish
Weight: 2 1/5-3 lbs ish
If he were a vegetable, he would be a: cabbage. (I don't know how we go from butternut squash to cabbage..... To me a cabbage is smaller.....)

So this week I'm finally down to 10 weeks left. Next week we will be down to single digit weeks. That is so crazy to me.

I have to start out first by the biggest development: stretch marks! I know, I could hardly believe it myself. Today Jed pointed them out to me, which I'm sure he regretted, because I could not stop talking about it for the next 10 minutes. Apparently he's noticed them there for a week! This is what happens when your belly gets this big; you don't notice things below your belly button because they are so hard to see. So, here it begins. Wow. I wondered if this day would come, and here it has.

Well, I'm sick today, surprise surprise. Since Wednesday I've been feeling kind of like I had a cold, and yesterday morning I woke up miserable and this morning as well. Surprisingly, I am wide awake, but my body cannot handle too much today. Weekends are such a blessing. I have a couple of days to try to recoup before I have to go back to work.... It can be hard being the teacher and being sick. Friday morning I was ready to cry because I was so exhausted. If I had put my head down during lunch, I would have fallen asleep almost instantly. The afternoon went well, though, so that helped. This week was also Parent/Teacher conferences, and as I discovered in October, those wear you out! You wouldn't expect it, but they just make you so exhausted. This whole week I've stayed at school (or left school to go to my class) until after dark. Friday was a blessed day, because after all the work I've put in this week, I got to go home early (10 minutes early, that's right).

If I were to describe my week in one word it would be....... uncomfortable. I have been so lucky to have avoided some of the more unpleasant pregnancy symptoms (swelling being the biggest one I am grateful to have avoided so far, knock on wood), and so when the third trimester came (two weeks ago, I know, long time ago), and I read that the third trimester was pretty uncomfortable, I was excited in those first two weeks that I was feeling just as grand as before. Then came Thursday of this week, which happens to be the day I was officially 30 weeks along. Come Thursday, my right side from my lower back down to my knee just hurts. Sometimes it would hurt like that because that was the leg I broke (did you know I broke my femur? That's another story) and so I wondered if that was the reason, but it would not go away! I had Jed try to massage it out so many ways and in so many places to try to find the source of the pain, and we never figured it out, really. So this, I believe, we can chalk up to our favorite culprit: the sciatic nerve. Before it would give me rather sharp pains when I moved, and now I think our baby is just settling on it, and so I got dull, constant pain instead.

Another development: I think my baby's feet have settled right between my ribs and my organs. Since Thursday, I have felt this lovely feeling of being bruised on my lower right ribs. I couldn't figure it out! There was no bruise, for one thing. Then I tried just to gently press around the area to try to find out where the pain was the worst, and as soon as I pushed under my ribs, it hurt. So, with that, I concluded it was the baby. I could very well be wrong. Maybe I have an entirely different problem. But I think I've finally reached the stage where I have random aches and pains and the only answer it: the baby. He's getting big in there! I look at myself in the mirror and I am just amazing how pregnant I look! Ha ha I know it sounds silly, but it's still weird seeing my body look like this.

After this ranting and raging about my tiring week and uncomfortable week, I was to again mention that I love being pregnant and I have a pretty easy pregnancy, so I don't want to come off that I'm complaining too much. I wanted to blog about the pregnancy experience to help those who are pregnant themselves or haven't experienced it yet so they can get a bit of a "heads up" on what could be happening to them when they are pregnant. Luckily, I think everyone just knows that being pregnant is just uncomfortable, especially when you start to reach the end.

There's one more thing I want to blog about today. A book. But I think I will start a new post for that, so go check out my other post from today and read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment