Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

One Year Gone, Another On It's Way!

Hey! So I know I didn't post a baby bump post last week. I think you all will forgive me since it was Christmas, right? All of you were probably busy with family that day and the next day, and then you know it's just too far gone to care, right?

So, I just wanted to share this awesome blog with awesome downloads, two of which I think would be a great thing to use for New Years! Simple Mom is a website I honestly haven't browsed through much, but I love the downloads she has. (The link I put in to her website is to her page of downloads) Lots of lists and planning, both things I do constantly, so I love that I could have an organized way of doing it! I am in the process of making a household binder to keep me organized and hopefully on track with the things I tend to forget about (budgeting, anything to do with our cars--who really knows the last time they had their wiper blades replaced? I will soon, and I will know the exact dates!). Anyways, on her blog, she has two downloads for New Years, one for reflecting and one for goal setting. I love it! I plan on our first Family Home Evening of the new year to be focused on reflecting/goal setting for the year.

Right now, though, I'd like to reflect on what has happened this year! Honestly, anything before August seems like it was years ago, so it's going to be hard to remember the highlights of this year!

January - called to be Primary President; I was working at the MTC doing custodial work; I had my evening classes for Special Ed; Jed had school and worked at the BYU Bookstore.

February - I turned 21! We went to Happy Sumo with my wonderful friends to celebrate; we found out the basement apartment was opening where Katie and Mark were living, so we signed a contract to move in July

March - I was hired at Vineyard Elementary to be their intern; Our friends Amy and Brandon got engaged

April - Jed turned 23! We both ended the semester and I started Spring term; BFF Natalie got her mission call to New York (but she decided to get engaged instead....); hosted a bridal shower for Amy where I made my cute butterfly cupcakes

May - I was busy with practicum hours at Vineyard while Jed worked and got to go to California for his BFF Justin's wedding

June - started Summer Practicum; went to Amy and Brandon's wedding (it was so fun and so beautiful); went on a day trip to Manti to go do a temple session; painted our new place

July - Moved to our new place; Harry Potter 7 Part Two - Midnight Showing; Jed left to wash windows in Cailfornia; I continued doing Summer Practicum; went to Yellowstone to visit Wesley at the Dinner Theater he was doing; Had my first inklings I might be pregnant and had the positive pregnancy test!

August - Thought I miscarried, but the ultrasound showed it might still be okay, so was put on moderate bed rest; training for Alpine School District/Special Ed; Dentist appointment - found out I had to get a root canal; went to California to finally join my husband out there; root canal (not terrible but not something I'd like to repeat); Stephenson Family Reunion; ultrasound - still pregnant and due April 5th!; started at Vineyard and got to do beginning of the school year testing and meet my adorable kiddos.

September - got the flu--twice; Jed started classes again; Jed got the flu from me (and possibly one of the colds I had, too); my Freshman reunion was in our backyard; went to Jed's mission reunion

October - continued learning and teaching; Jed continued classes and made some awesome goals to become a better studier; went to/helped host an awesome Murder Mystery Dinner with the married former roommates; Halloween--which I was sick for :(

November - a hard month teaching-wise (Nov. and Dec. are the hardest months emotionally for first year and maybe even all teachers); flew out to California for Thanksgiving with Jed's family, which was awesome

December - this month just flew by! We made it through one whole semester! Yay! Christmas break has been awesome, though I have been sick the whole time (culminating yesterday); Christmas Eve/Day were spent with my family and we had a wonderful time; We've spent some time with friends and it's been just great!

So, I guess those are the highlights of the year! I have no doubt I will suddenly remember something that isn't on the list but is extremely important to mention, so I guess I will just have to come back and edit this post if that's the case.

And what can we look forward to in 2012?
  • Baby Stephenson being born!
  • Finishing all but one semester to graduation for Jed
  • Me graduating (in August)
  • Wesley going on a mission (sad but awesome)
  • Stephenson Family Reunion over Thanksgiving
  • Me finding a new job (what it will be, we have no idea)
  • Jed applying to grad schools (or deciding he has to work before grad school--they are all different on what they want!) and hopefully getting into the ones we want!
  • Wedding, babies being born, pregnancies being announced--who knows who and when, but I have no doubt many of these are coming our way this year! 
So, there's our year in review. It was a long one, but some pretty awesome things happened. Can't wait for 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 2011! I feel like I was absent for so much of this but I plan on (sadly) hanging around utah for all of 2012. Maybe big announcements will come from me ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete