Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tracking the Baby Bump: Week 23

Hey there. Week 23 is here!


Baby Stats:

Length: just over 8 inches
Weight: just over 1 pound
If he were a fruit, he would be a: large mango


So, what has this week brought in my pregnancy.... Well for one thing, the little guy does this kicking thing (maybe it's hiccuping?) where I swear he's against my bladder because I keep having a very strong urge to pee and it happens over and over again in a set amount of time. So maybe that is hiccuping! It's rather uncomfortable, though.

Heartburn has been a huge theme of the week. Dislike. I've woken up in the night because I was so bothered by it. Last night, before bed, we ran to Smith's to get me some Tums, and I didn't wake up once with heartburn! It was great. I was worried, because last night was some of the worst heartburn I'd had, but the Tums really work! The directions for taking it rather worry me, though, because it says to take 2-4 as symptoms occur. What do you do if the symptoms don't really stop occurring??? And 2-4? Too ambiguous. I don't want to take too many, but if I need to take more, I want to do that. I'm glad I'll have my 24 week appointment on Friday so I can ask my doctor what the protocol is. My aunt and several people online have said they lived off of Tums for the last half of their pregnancies, so that may be my future for the next 3 1/2 months. I hope as I take it more and more I start to enjoy them.... I just hate the feeling/texture of eating slightly flavored chalk. Last night one of the ones I took was definitely orange, and that was the best one of them all.

Honestly I don't think I have much else to say! This week has been going as normal. I felt better than I did last week, though I've been much more tired because I've gotten less sleep than I should. It's amazing that this semester is almost over! I only have 3 more months of teaching until the baby, then maternity leave, then another few weeks, then summer break! At least a couple times a week I try to decide what I want to do next year for a job. Working with a baby is a hard thing to cope with. There are so many reasons I don't want to work: I feel bad leaving my baby in day care, the cost of day care, how busy I will be working and cooking and cleaning and taking care of myself oh yeah and taking care of a baby. But, Jed doesn't exactly have a great income from the BYU Bookstore... Insurance is another lovely thing to think about. Thinking about finances lately makes me cry (hormones) so I try not to, but just remember that when we budget correctly and pay our tithing and fast offerings, God will help us make ends meet!

Anyways, hope you have a great week. Good luck to those taking finals this week!

2 comments:

  1. I also lived off of Tums. For Lily, I had so many white Tums that I had to switch to fruit flavored with Sydney. Then on to Rolaids with the boys. Good thing I am done because I ran out of different flavors and brands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha oh dear well I will keep that in mind....

    ReplyDelete